Tuesday, May 8, 2012

HoH Report: Finding Your Way Around

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jamie, also known as suenosdejmi, and I'm going to be doing a Tuesday feature called the HoH Report! (I know, original, right?)

 In my first Report, I would like to just take the opportunity to address a few key Slytherin features that are useful for new Slytherins or even returning Slytherins to be aware of. The Snake Pit is a busy place, we've got a lot going on, in threads both stickied and not. If you haven't checked it out yet, visit Salazar's Schedule of Events which shares important House Cup dates and deadlines, as well as Slytherin deadlines and links to ALL THE THINGS. If you're lost this is an excellent place to start. Salazar's Schedule of Events will be updated constantly as things are added to the groups, so keep checking!

 The Announcements thread is another important location to watch. Slytherin and House Cup news of a variety of sorts will get mentioned here. And since it is a locked thread, only a handful of people are posting to it, so no chatter to sift through!

Speaking of sifting through the chatter, I am also doing Diminuendo Reports this term, which are common room recaps linked in the Common Room header. So if you have to woooosh and want the highlights, check out the latest Report, it might have them.

In closing, I would like to stress that my virtual office hours are 24/7, and that I'm here for you no matter what. Students should also remember that all we ask of you is one single class a month. Everything else is great, sure, but you have to do what's right for your lifestyle, and for you. In a busy month even 1 class can seem like a lot. I've been there, I know. So I would also ask you guys to try and get your one class turned in early, as you finish it, and don't wait until later. If something comes up later, and you miss the deadline for whatever reason, then it's no class for you and your ability to be sorted next term may depend on that. I'm off to take my own advice, and see if I can't get a class finished today.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment