Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ssssssssnake Sssssssstalking

Welcome to Meet Your Bloggers Part Duex. Today we sneak up on Caitirin and Moongirlknits.


Take it away Caitirin...



Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself outside the house cup.



A: I am a librarian at a university library. I'm fantastically lucky to be living in one of the few states that allows me to be legally married to my beautiful wife, Elaby, and I have two spastic cats.



Outside of fiber crafts I love to cook and I'm an avid reader and fiction writer. My favorite author at the moment is Jim Butcher (The Dresden Files) and I'm REALLY looking forward to the National Novel Writing Month (http://nanowrimo.org/) next month. It'll be my 8th year writing for it.



Q: What is your favorite thing to craft?



A: I love knitting fingerless gloves and I love making anything out of rainbow yarn. I'm almost finished with my very first scary lace project, this diamond shawl knit in awesome rainbow yarn (Kauni effectgarn).

I also love spinning, I got a wheel at the beginning of this year and I've been spinning miles of yarn on it. BFL has been my favorite fiber so far because it's so soft and it spins like a dream.

Q: What Form would your patronus take and why?
A: My patronus would probably take the form of a house cat, my favorite animal. I'd be mixed colors and definitely a mixed breed cat. Smart and quick but often lazy and contrary. Also able to fiercely defend the things I care about.

Q: Who is your ideal hottie and why?
A: My favorite hottie is Judi Dench. Because I think older women are very under-appreciated and to be her age and still be so amazingly talented, beautiful, and dynamic is something truly impressive. I find her inspiring and very charismatic. She reminds me to consider finding the extraordinary in everything. And because she is GORGEOUS.

Q: Which class this term appeals to you most?
A: I have to say that although Muggle Studies is really exciting this month, the class that I am most looking forward to is Herbology. I love fall colors and leaf patterns and I really want to knit another Foliage hat for my wife to wear when she comes to Rhinebeck with me. I'm racing the clock to finish that rainbow shawl (4 LONG LONG rows left) before THIS WEEKEND, but I just might be able to get another hat done. Here's to hoping!

And now we turn to Moongirlknits who has one of the most lovely Ravatars in the Dungeon...

Q: Tell us a little bit about yourself outside the cup.

A: Outside the cup, I am a teenager in high school - in fact, I'm one of the youngest members of the House Cup. Besides working with fiber, I love to cook and bake, to read, to write, and to work with children - when I grow up I want to be a teacher (that beloved phrase...when I grow up...heh). However, unfortunately, I don't get very much time to do any of these things because of school. Gaah. I love the woods and snow and fall and winter, am slightly old-fashioned, and have been called "Hermionie Granger" more times than I can count ( I know, I don't get it either).

Q: What is your favorite thing to craft?

A: I love making small things that make people happy - whether it's me or someone else. I especially love it when I make something for my mum or my sister and when they see it, their face lights up; it's nice being appreciated. I really want to tackle something like a sweater (my favorites page is full of them!), and make a couple of shawls (they're so pretty! Even though I have a good practical woven one!). But seriously? Instant gratification is nice, especially when your teachers decide that instead of having a social life or hobbies, you ought to be spending every waking moment on school work....

Q: What form would your patronus take and why?

A: I have no idea. Maybe a hedgehog, because they're all prickly and protective on the outside, but when you get to know them they're all soft and cuddly. Also, they're my favourite animals. Or maybe a dragon, because they're gorgeous and scary at the same time, and incredibly mysterious. Oh, and they can fly. FLY. That ought to be reason enough.

Q: Which class this term appeals to you most?

A: This month? I have to say, I really love how you could fit a wide variety of projects into several of them. for instance - right now, I'm working on a pretty lacy-y neckwarmer and I could fit it into Divination, because I'm planning to dye it with tea, into Muggle Studies, because it reminds me of my favorite anime series (it's Akage No An if anyone is wondering - Anne of Green Gables - I love it with all my heart, as I do the first three books), or into Charms because it is an object that was worn at some point in history. Also, DADA, because it would protect my neck from vampires, which are a form of the undead. On second thought, once I dye it, it could fit into any of the eight classes - provided I tell the right story. But that's probably what I really do like about this month's classes - that we could fit in something into any of them.

P.S. Seriously? My stalker-person for the Yule swap really should be happy right now.

Thus ends another episode of Bloggers of the moment. This is Rockinsticks signing off. Knit sinuous - it feels good.



No comments:

Post a Comment