Thursday, March 17, 2011

GirlyWithATwist Has Been Stalked!

Our busy Head of Slytherin House agreed to take a few minutes to answer some nosy questions from this blog reporter / snake-stalker:

Q: What's your ultimate "someday-I'm-gonna-make-that" dream project?

A: The one project I really want to make but haven't gotten up the courage to make it would be the Deep V Argyle Vest by Eunny Jang. It involves steeking and I have never steeked anything yet. The plan is to make it green/grey and I already have the grey. I just need to find the perfect green and then work up the courage to start it. Then have an anxiety attack before I do the steeking part.

Q: Imagine that you are The Hulk. What crafting technique makes you turn green and tear yarn skeins apart in rage and frustration?

A: I think the one crafting technique that frustrates me right now would be double knitting. It's not that I can't do it. Because I have done a few double knitted items. It's just my tension is still really wonky. But hopefully with practice that will change for the better.

Q: If you were a school-aged witch sorted into the Slytherin house from the Harry Potter books, how do you think you'd get on with your housemates?

A: I think I would get along pretty well with most of my housemates. The hardest part for me would be to actually go up and talk to someone first as I usually am pretty quiet around new people. It does take some time to warm up and then I just talk and talk.

Q: The Race Car Drive asks you to crochet or knit something for him -- when you ask what he would like, he says "surprise me!" What do you decide to make?

A: This one took some thinking. I was considering the Blanket of Doom (Op Art Blanket in Duke Blue Devil colors) that would be big enough to snuggle under with him. Then I was thinking maybe something to wear so he can stay warm when I am busy. I did find this cardigan pattern called Avast. It sounded very nautical and since I am a former sailor it just seemed to fit. I think he would look pretty smart in it. But then I think he looks good in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

Q: So far, what has been the most difficult challenge for you as Slytherin's Head of House?

A: The most difficult challenge would be a tie between trying to pull the house back together after the Fall 2010 term and dealing with discipline issues. Neither one of them were fun. Plus this term had the added fun of me trying to balance my time with real life college since I went back to work on my Political Science degree. So I have had to be somewhat organized although I am pretty sure that I have forgotten some things this term.

I also asked Girly what some of her favorite projects were that she had finished this term:

"I love how fast those necklaces were made." Fast like a certain driver that inspired her elegant Burton Beaded Necklace after (note the colors of the beads, too).





















"This hat was knitted up using my very own hand-dyed yarn. One day I plan to make a full skein of the colourway or at least try." She called this cheerful colourway Tequila Sunrise, and it worked up gorgeously in her cute Dittany hat.

























"This sweater took forever to finish because I kept putting it aside for other projects. But it was the first time I added a hood to anything and I thought it went pretty well." It looks to me like the wait was definitely worth it! Perhaps Girly's lovely December Lady Sweater will inspire more Slytherins to brave the hooded projects.



























I'm afraid I've only scratched the surface of our HoH's awesomeness, but I hope I have done her justice so that bugging her phone and hiding in her closet for all those hours will have been productive, at least.

--ElfLiberator

1 comment:

  1. I'm all inspired by the hooded sweater - so damn cute! Very Red Riding Hood.
    Bidibid

    ReplyDelete